Tuesday, August 15, 2006

WINE-E-RAMA JOINS THE BLOG!!!!!!!!!!

Wine-E-Rama: non un connoisseur, appena un cane quel ama il vino!
Greg Norman Estates Shiraz 2003
Served with a pork scaloppini topped with sage and proscuitto, this under $15 bottle of wine was stellar. Crisp and acid enough to contrast the sweetness of the lemon Vermouth sauce and just perfect on the palette, with a fruity finish for a nice compliment. I enjoyed this bottle well into a desert of chocolate truffles (Trader Joes’s). Zingy in the beginning with a smooth finish. I recommend pairing with steaks on the grill topped with a roasted garlic butter, or something else with a little zip.
Since this is the first addition of Wine-e-rama, I will tell you there will be no numerical ratings. They are overrated and ambiguous. Instead our rating system will be as follows. In comparison to a dog’s life this wine is as good as chasing a cat into traffic then peeing on a fire hydrant. Trust me, that’s pretty good.

No comments: